This is a very nice and tasty noodle soup. It tastes amazing! Above the picture I took but here you can find the recipe as I found it on the internet with even prettier photo's to boot.
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 - 15-ounce can Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Fish sauce (optional)
1 - 2-inch piece fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped
1 to 2 Serrano or Jalapeño chiles, diced
2 Corn Cobs, Kernels removed (1 + 1/2 cup)
1 stalk Lemon Grass, cut into 1-inch pieces*
2 to 3 Kaffir Lime leaves*
12 ounces Rice Noodles or Fettucine Pasta
2 tablespoons Lime Juice
1/2 pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces Cremini or Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced ( I omitted)
2 tablespoons Cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
1/2 cup Green Onion, 1/2 - 1 inch pieces
1. Combine first 6 ingredients and, if desired, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile cook noodles according to package directions.
3. Stir lime juice into soup. Add shrimp, and simmer 10 more minutes. Discard lemon grass.
4. To serve add rice noodles to bowl and ladle soup over top. Add mushrooms, cilantro and green onion. Serve with lime wedges.
* Substitute 2 additional teaspoons of Lime juice for Lemon Grass and 1 teaspoon Lime Zest for Kaffir leaves.