For a while now I’ve tried to make my own pasta sauce. Most times I failed miserably until I made this one! Admittedly, it’s not as great as your real, delicious Italian sauce but it’s a great sauce nonetheless. My family loved it and to me, that’s the most important thing, really. So, I hope you will enjoy it too. Here it is.
- 800 gram canned tomato (2 cans 400 gram, try to get them “diced” if possible)
- 65 gram tomato paste
- 125 gram crème fraîche
- 150 gram carrot – cut into cubes
- 100 gram parmesan cheese
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 gloves garlic – chopped
- ½ yellow pepper – cut into cubes
- ± 4 tablespoons Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
Note: You need a kitchen blender for this recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds. Add the carrot, onion, pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and oregano and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato, tomato paste, sugar and salt. Stir well before adding the crème fraîche. Let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and parmesan to the sauce before pouring it into the kitchen blender. Blend until the sauce is smooth but with a few small chunks of vegetable.
- If you want, add a bit of corn starch to thicken the sauce.
- Serve the sauce with tortellini, they go great together!